Saturday, September 7, 2013

Getting Better and Setting Goals...

When I say that I get one good "take me out" cold a year...  It does just that---knocks me out.  I have been so sick the past two weeks---it sucked!!  Finally, after the second time around to the "doc in the box", more shots in the booty, an inhaler and more meds, I'm finally getting my energy back.  Good energy too.  Feels great!!

 I have been grabbing at anything and everything to fire that motivation even more.  I came across this article on CNN.com and it nails it on the head...   It's called 11 Simple Weight Loss Tips...   Along with all the other tips, I like going back and using the S.M.A.R.T method.  Set a goal and make it Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely.  Now, I tend to overshoot this one.  Making it too hard or demanding on myself.  I'm learning start off small, especially since I haven't exercised since Mya got sick. Oh, and did I mention "Merlot" played me alot of visits last month.  So see, PLENTY of reasons to start out with baby steps.  I'm going to keep to the example that the article used because it's the best one, in my opinion, to just get you going again.  I'm going to commit to walking, either with Mya or without but for at least 30 minutes--shooting for 45...  I have a wonderful trail in my subdivision that is shaded and all the way down and back is almost 3.5 miles.   It's perfect!!  I'm also going to start back posting the calories or distance so I can hold my self accountable.  I'm working this weekend, but Monday starts day one of the new me.  NOBODY is holding me back but myself.


I also started a new book, and it seems like it's going to be good.  Now, it's a "chic lit" book.  But I was just in the mood when I was in the book store.  Yes, I'm actually holding a book again.  I've missed that.  The book is called Always Something There to Remind Me by Beth Harbison.  Now I was skeptical at first because it's about her "first love" and how she misses him.   I don't have that problem at all.  But the book grabbed  me and now I'm running with it.  Just click on the link and check it out.


I have so much more to share---the dating life has been quite amusing lately.  I swear I should right a book--but I'm sure there is one out already.  I will just discreetly blog it..  Since this post is so long already, I think I will table it for now and we will chat about that next week.  Trust me, it's comical!!
Enjoy your weekend friends and I'm glad to be back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment