Thursday, September 12, 2013

Dating---It's an Adventure!!!

As promised, here is alittle post on my dating adventures.  As most of you know, I've been separated for at least  five years.  The ex lives in California.  Our divorce became final this past January.  So I started to putting myself out there.  Where do you start?  At my age, 45 (a fresh 45!) there aren't that many men waiving the "I'm single banner".  Well, I took the leap and did the internet dating.  Now I tried some of the paid sites---waste of money.  I don't think, no I know, I never went out with anyone from those...  Where I've met some is on a site called Plenty of Fish.  It's free.  Was easy to use on my phone...  I thought simple and easy!!  Well, free ain't always a good thing..  LOL!!!  Not all were tossed back into the ocean.  I met several that have become dear sweet friends.  And I'm grateful they are in my life...  Then there were a few I think I talked to AFTER I had taken my Ambian----bad move..  But we won't go there.  I'm just not a girl to kiss and tell the world---but some of my close friends are really laughing now at the stories I could tell or already have...

All this leads me to another great book I have found.  I actually started reading her blog and following her  Facebook under The Single Woman.  She has just put all her wonderful advise into a great book.  It's called The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass by Mandy Hale.  I decided to purchase it for several reasons, the actual book that is.  First, it's been decades since I dated---things have changed immensely!!  What I want and what THEY want tend to be different at times.  I don't want to rush into anything.  I want to enjoy your company and just go from there.  Maybe we are just meant to be friends or a friend with a benefit (ha.ha..)---but regardless, I want to be treated and respected like a lady.  Wined and dined...  Have fun with our friends.  Just enjoy life.  Is that asking too much???  But in asking that question, and looking back over past "ventures," lessons have been learned from most all of them (not that I'm dating like crazy) but regrets are few as I learned something about me or about what I want from each of them.
This book lets me know that I'm not alone..  Other single women have done this and survived!  I like how one review said the book is " inspiration to make single life a good life."  That's exactly what I want to do.

If you are like me, and can always use a little guidance---then click on the above book link to see what it's all about...  I'll keep ya'll posted...  Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment