Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Hand Signals For Your Pet....

Still looking at the vast array of pet knowledge there is out there on the world wide web---and I came across this.  Teaching you furbaby hand signals to go along with your verbal commands.  Now Mya already understands a few, but I haven't tried to teach her the other ones because I don't want to do anything that will confuse her with her trainer.  Our biggest challenge is when we are playing fetch or when she has an item in her mouth--trying to get her to "release" the item is a very big ordeal!!  It is top on my list of questions for our next training session!!  Just getting this accomplished will make play time alot better!!!

There are several sites, both listed under "blogs I follow" that can show you the hand signals most commonly used.  The first is by Dog Training Excellence under Hand Signals..  The other one is on a Border Collie Rescue site under Universal Commands.  Both have great illustrations that show you exactly what to do...
I'm going to work with Mya on some of the basic ones and then see what else her trainer wants her to use...

Let me know if you use hand signals with your furbaby.....

No comments:

Post a Comment