Sunday, August 17, 2014

A Little Update on EVERYTHING!!

Happy Sunday friends!!  I have missed this.  Just let life and or laziness get a hold of me and I have neglected my awesome internet family.  So, I'm back---where to start..  Let's do health first..  Simply put, it's gone to pot.  And quick!!
     I'm currently sitting here typing this with ice on my knee because I have a torn meniscus in my right knee.  It has been hurting me for a while so I finally broke down and went to the orthopedist and found out what in the world was going on.  I'm glad to finally know, but to also know I pretty much brought this on myself---sucks.  And how did I do that---by gaining weight.   I haven't gained much, but this legs aren't getting any younger and just 10 pounds of weight is like 80 pounds on your knees.  So, I've got to get at least 25 pounds off to really make my knees happy..  I knew this and the doctor said so as well, but I had to pay a co-pay to here him say it..
     So, since walking is out now, my choices are a stationary bike or water aerobics.  Mac said he liked the bike so he is going to start going with me to the gym and ride.  I'm excited about that.  And we're starting tomorrow!  I've iced it and medicated it all weekend so now it's time to get moving and get the weight off.  Going to add in some time with the trainer we've been using as well for some other  work out ideas.
     I can do this, and really have no other choice.  My blood sugar also took a nose dive and is all out of whack---so no more excuses or laziness.  My health comes first from now on...   Keep me in your prayers and feel free to shoot me some motivation from time to time!!  And I promise not to stay away as long in the future.
Who know's maybe I will do a before and after picture!!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment